Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Holiday Fundraising Drive - Drawing and Discussion!

First, I want to thank everyone that has participated in this fundraising drive, and especially those that have helped me spread the Grassroot Soccer message. I feel blessed to have such a caring, supportive network of people that are invested in working towards a better future; and not only a better future for the world that we live in, but more importantly for the world that we leave behind for the next generation. We face many challenges in the world today that didn't even exist, or at least we didn't know existed, just 10 or 20 years ago. Dealing with these types of challenges takes a certain strain of resilience to overcome. We don't have to look to far to find examples of people that have demonstrated this type of resilience. One of the best examples we can look to is Nelson Mandela, a man whose unwavering character paved the path for a greater nation and world.

To close this fundraiser - in addition to the prize drawing - I'm interested in hearing your opinions on the many challenges that we face as a global community, and how you see resilience manifested (or not). I do plenty of musing in my writings here on this blog so I'm interested in stepping back and listening to those who have taken the time to listen to me. I invite you to comment directly to this post, or to e-mail me if you'd rather; s.nick.barron@gmail.com. Again thank you so much for caring about our work here and taking the time to participate in this fundraiser.

Without further adieu, I am excited to present the following prizes:

South African National Team Jersey: James Alden

South African Flag: Noah Riskind

Pelada DVD and Poster package: Dave Rusk

Pelada DVD and Poster package #2: Patrick Jackson

Middlesbrough FC training gear: Principia High School Soccer (to be distributed by Tommy Walters)

Nelson Mandela's Autobiography, "Long Walk to Freedom": Patt Jeffries

Grassroot Soccer T-shirts to all of the following people:
Jon Riskind
Sarah Perkins
Stewart Flaherty
Elizabeth Bullock
Ryan Quinn
Pamela Kaye
Steven Fukuda
Cristina Malcolmson
Makenzie Murray
Joel Goldman
Lee Barron
Mimi Eckenstein (not that she needs one)
James Lepage
Marcia Cushman-Perkins
Jimmy Stock

As I mentioned when I first began this fundraiser, if you don't wish to receive a prize, please let me know.

Thank you and Happy Holidays from all of us at Grassroot Soccer Kimberley!




No comments:

Post a Comment